| Job Title: Café Worker
Report to: Catering Services Manager
Responsible for: Café Volunteers
Hours of Work: Saturdays 9am to 4pm
Salary: Up to £10.90 per hour, dependent on experience
Location: Hawkesley Community Centre, B38 9RN
Contract Type: Permanent
|We are looking for someone to join our friendly team at Hawkesley Community Centre as a Café worker.
The role will involve carrying out a range of duties necessary for the running of a community café, as well as creating a welcoming atmosphere for both individual customers and our varied groups that use the venue.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to develop the café into a thriving and inclusive community hub, offering affordable food and meaningful social activities and interactions.
The successful candidate will need to have (or be expected to complete) Level 2 Food Safety and Gov.uk Allergen training.
|1. To prepare the café for opening each day.
2. To take orders, prepare food and drinks and to serve to clients in line with Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations.
3. To provide excellent service to all customers, ensuring they feel welcome.
4. To handle money, take card payments and cash up at the end of the day.
5. To work as an integral part of the overall organisation’s team, and to support café volunteers to cover café duties, ensuring a smooth, efficient and safe service and environment for all.
6. To wash up and clean all equipment, work surfaces, tables, counters, floors and walls within the kitchen and cafe area to comply with cleaning rota.
7. To comply with Food Hygiene regulations and maintain a high degree of personal hygiene at all times.
8. To maintain an accurate log of temperature records and controls for audit and inspection.
9. To assist with the receiving and storing of food orders and deliveries, ensuring appropriate rotation of products.
10. To ensure compliance with all catering quality procedures as defined within the relevant manual.
11. To comply with all the agreed policies and procedures of Age Concern Birmingham.
12. Any other tasks required within the role.
|· This is a description of the job as it is at present.
· It does not form part of the contract of employment.
· Job Descriptions are regularly reviewed and altered when necessary in conjunction with the post holder.