Carers & Advice Services Manager
Age Concern Birmingham are seeking a new manager to oversee Carers and Advice Services.
Are you ready for the next challenge, do you want a career that really makes a difference.
This is a management role to lead on developing, maintaining, managing and promoting services across Age Concern Birmingham, including Birmingham Carers Hub.
We would like to hear from candidates who are highly motivated, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and understand the needs of unpaid carers and knowledge of welfare benefits and entitlements.
Key tasks include:
- Effective leadership of a team promoting excellent customer service
- Compiling rotas and work allocation, and encouraging and supporting professional development of the team
- Manage the gathering of data and statistics relating to the services, ensuring that the database is kept up to date and to produce regular figures and reports in response to requests both internally and externally.
- Establishing and maintaining existing relationships with internal and external bodies
- Having a detailed knowledge of welfare benefits and the issues affecting those in need to support the wider team.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the work of the charity and would enjoy making a real difference to people’s lives, developing relationships both internally and externally. The services are delivered in partnership, so includes working with a number of partners across Birmingham.
To apply please send a CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please outline your suitability for the role as detailed in the job description and person specification. We are looking for examples and evidence of your previous experience, so please outline your suitability in full.