Communitea Cafe Cook
|Job Title: Cook
Report to: Catering Services Manager
Responsible for: Café Volunteers
Hours of Work: Zero-hour contract
Salary: Up to £10.90 per hour, dependent on experience
Location: Communitea Café, 76-78 Boldmere Road, B73 5TJ
Contract Type: Permanent
|We are looking for someone to join the friendly team at our Communitea Café in Boldmere as a Cook.
The role will involve carrying out a range of kitchen duties necessary for the running of a community café. The successful candidate will need to have (or be expected to complete) Level 2 Food Safety and Gov.uk Allergen training.
|1. To prepare food and drinks to serve to customers in line with Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations.
2. To work as an integral part of the overall organisation’s team, and to support café volunteers to cover café duties, ensuring a smooth, efficient and safe service and environment for all.
3. To wash up and clean all equipment, work surfaces, tables, counters, floors and walls within the kitchen area to comply with cleaning rota.
4. To comply with Food Hygiene regulations and maintain a high degree of personal hygiene at all times.
5. To maintain an accurate log of temperature records and controls for audit and inspection.
6. To assist with the receiving and storing of food orders and deliveries, ensuring appropriate rotation of products.
7. To ensure compliance with all catering quality procedures as defined within the relevant manual.
8. To comply with all the agreed policies and procedures of Age Concern Birmingham.
9. Any other tasks required within the role.
|· This is a description of the job as it is at present.
· It does not form part of the contract of employment.
· Job Descriptions are regularly reviewed and altered when necessary in conjunction with the post holder.