Neighbourhood Networker- Additional Needs (Part Time)
25 hours a week
£14,664 (Full time equivalent of, £22,000)
Age Concern Birmingham is a local based charity passionate about supporting older adults and others in need by making a positive difference, adding value to people’s lives by offering services to promote wellbeing and independence.
Our Neighbourhood Network Scheme look to co-produce a great range of community led activities, make opportunities, connect people meaningfully and influence positive change. We have an exciting and new opportunity Neighbourhood Networker as our programme is expanding to include adults with additional needs, such as sensory impairment, learning difficulties, physical disability.
This role will be responsible for translating our pilot programme strategy into operational activities, ensuring that we are providing valuable services and activities to adults with additional needs and local community assets.
- To provide a high quality and responsive service to all stakeholders involved in the Neighbourhood Network Scheme.
- To support effective communication between ACB and Compass Support in the delivery of the Neighbourhood Network Scheme tasks, targets and outcomes.
- To develop good working relationships with statutory, voluntary and community groups. Particularly those supporting adults with additional needs.
- To build relationships with the local social work team and other key stakeholders, including the NHS, Emergency Services and Housing Providers in the Sutton Coldfield Constituency.
- To work with local social work teams to identify gaps in the community offer and provision for adults with additional needs.
- Offer advice and support to social work teams, community assets, adults with additional needs and carers through face to face, telephone and email contact.
- Work as part of a team, attending meetings, briefings and representing Sutton Coldfield NNS.
- Undertake asset mapping, engagement and capacity building activities required to meet the agreed outcomes of the NNS.
- Deliver community events and capacity building workshops.
- Fully participate and engage with local monitoring and evaluation processes.
Please apply with a detailed CV and cover letter detailing how you meet the personal specification of the role to NNS@ageconcernbirmingham.org.uk
Deadline: Friday 28th May Interviews will be held w/c 7th June.